The Modern Farmhouse
The Modern Farmhouse is a rising star on the design scene, and we believe its popularity is here to stay. The seemingly dissimilar Modern and Farmhouse come together quite well to make an ideal match for those with a fondness for no-fuss, casual design: a family-centered, homey place perfectly paired with often bold and sometimes subtle modern touches. Modern Farmhouses are known for their warmth and simplicity: They are welcoming and cozy with a sprinkling of clean, contemporary design. The exterior is usually rectangular in shape with large windows that brighten the home and a covered, wrap-around porch—perhaps with modern-looking barn lights. Inside, expect the unexpected because traditional outdoor materials, like shiplap and exposed brick, adorn this home’s interior.
- This traditional country home plan is bedecked with a covered wrap-around front porch which is 8′ deep, 50′ wide plus 13′ on either side. There are two more covered porches flanking a screened porch, each 20’2″ x 8″ (167 s.f.) with a 14′ sloped ceiling.
- Opening to one of the rear porches, the private master suite includes a walk-in closet and a five-fixture bath.
- Off the large foyer are a formal dining room with built-in cabinetry and a study that could be used as a fourth bedroom.
- The dining room, living room, nook, and kitchen flow together, creating an appealing living space.
- The fireplace is gas/ventless.
- Upstairs, two bedrooms with walk-in closets share the third bath and bonus space could be used as a game room.
- In the slab and crawlspace versions, the stair is turned into closet space.